HOUSTON -- (Nov. 8, 2021) – The 13th annual Rice Energy Finance Summit (REFS) will be held in a dual-delivery format Nov. 12. The conference will explore current issues for energy operators, investors and financial services as they plan for overcoming challenges in meeting global energy demands. REFS is an annual student-led conference promoting forward-looking discussions on the most important energy finance, investment and strategy issues affecting the global energy industry.
The annual summit serves as a platform for senior executives, investors, advisers and policymakers to share their perspectives with over 400 fellow energy industry professionals and Rice University students, alumni, faculty and staff.
When: Friday, Nov. 12, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Panel 1: Energy CFO Roundtable
- Andrea Wüttke, chief financial officer at Energy Vault Inc.; Kevin Mitchell, executive vice president, finance and chief financial officer at Phillips 66; Maryann Mannen, executive vice president and chief financial officer at Marathon Petroleum Corp.; and Bill Bullock, executive vice president and chief financial officer at ConocoPhillips. The moderator is Sean Wheeler, partner at Kirkland and Ellis LLP.
- Panel 2: Financing Future Growth
- Osmar Abib, chairman of global energy (retired) at Credit Suisse; James Peery, managing director at Wells Fargo; Arash Nazhad, director at Citi; and Kevin Bonebrake, managing director at Lazard. The moderator is Pearce Hammond Jr., managing director of equity research and renewables and infrastructure at Piper Sandler and Co.
- Panel 3: Energy ESG Investing
- Allyson Anderson Book, vice president of energy transition at Baker Hughes; Kassia Yanosek, partner at McKinsey and Co.; Ahmad Atwan, founder and chief executive officer at VC Fuel; and Roy Lamoreaux, vice president, investor relations, communications and government relations at Plains All American Pipeline. The moderator is Kunal Sachdeva, assistant professor of finance at Rice University’s Jones Graduate School of Business.
- Panel 4: Private Equity Perspective
- Gabriel Alonso Imaz, chief executive officer and president at 547 Energy; Meg Murphy, vice president at EnCap Investments LP Energy Transition Fund; Troy Thacker, managing partner, Ara Partners; and Eric Danziger, managing director, energy transition at Riverbend Energy Group. The moderator is James Garrett, partner at Latham and Watkins LLP.
- Panel 5: Energy Technology and Policy
- Alexandra Wilde, associate at Jones Day; Eduardo Manzur, vice president, energy technology sector captain at Goldman Sachs; Sacha Abinader, managing director of North America energy at Accenture; and Barbara Burger, Chevron’s vice president of innovation and president of Chevron Technology Ventures. The moderator is Jim Krane, fellow for energy studies at Rice University's Baker Institute for Public Policy.
Registration: Registration is required at https://business.rice.edu/rice-energy-finance-summit/registration. In-person tickets are $150 and include parking, lunch, cocktail reception and a Zoom link to the virtual presentation. Zoom-only tickets are $30.
Large group registration: To register large groups (10 or more attendees), please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Special rates may apply. Discounts are available for in-person Rice Business alumni and students from other schools. Email email@example.com to be sent a registration code. Current Rice Business students can register at a discounted rate via Campus Groups.
Members of the news media who want to attend (at no cost) should RSVP to Avery Franklin, media relations specialist at Rice, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-348-6327.