Are you saving enough for your retirement? Do you spend more than you earn and need help creating a monthly budget? Which college savings fund is right for you? Do you know about all of the discounts available through Rice? Come to Rice’s Faculty and Staff Financial Fair Oct. 23 and get answers to these questions and more.
Learn about budgeting, planning for retirement and the financial resources available to Rice employees of all ages. The fair will be from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Grand Hall of Rice Memorial Center.
Among the participants providing information will be TIAA-CREF, HelloWallet, Fidelity, Frost Bank, Social Security and Rice’s Employee Assistance Program (UTEAP).
The Financial Fair will have the following informational breakout sessions throughout the day in the second-floor conference room of Rice Memorial Center. Registration is required.
- 11 a.m.–noon, “How Am I Doing? Understanding and Achieving Your Long-term Financial Goals” by TIAA-CREF. RSVP at signup.rice.edu/TIAACREF.
- Noon–1 p.m., “Immunizing Yourself Against Fraud” by Frost Bank. RSVP at signup.rice.edu/FrostBank.
- 1-2 p.m., “Social Security and Medicare: Are You Ready?” by Social Security Administration. RSVP at signup.rice.edu/SocialSecurity.
- 2-3 p.m., “Distribution Phase of Retirement: How to Manage Cash Flow” by Fidelity. RSVP at signup.rice.edu/Fidelity.
- 3-4 p.m., “Retirement Planning with HelloWallet” by HelloWallet. RSVP at signup.rice.edu/HelloWallet.
- HelloWallet will also present a session from 9 to 10 a.m. Oct. 24 in the second-floor conference room in the RMC. RSVP at https://signup.rice.edu/HelloWallet2/.
The Financial Fair is co-sponsored by Human Resources and the Staff Advisory Committee.