Rice Business Wisdom site launches
Online ideas magazine delivers top business research in a reader-friendly package
HOUSTON – (Sept. 12, 2016) – Rice University’s Jones Graduate School of Business today announced the launch of its new online ideas magazine, RiceBusinessWisdom.org. The site delivers peer-reviewed business research in a compelling, quick-to-read package.
“In today’s knowledge economy, sharing business research shouldn’t take place in a vacuum,” said Rice Business Dean Peter Rodriguez. “Business Wisdom is designed to bring you Rice’s best business research in a lively, witty format brief enough to read on your phone.” The magazine is geared toward curious readers who care about the business of daily life.
Starting today, Rice Business Wisdom will roll out fast-paced, weekly articles on finance, workplace psychology, ethics, investing and leadership. Each piece is based on peer-reviewed scholarly research by Rice faculty. Here’s a sampling:
- Most of us construct a sense of self from the real-life past, present and expected future — plus one less obvious element: the imaginary self that would exist if a different choice or life experience had changed our paths. What does that mean for managers? Read more.
- Is it possible for a school to have too good a name? Yes — when there’s a scandal. Read more.
- Is good accounting based on principles — or on rules? For the most professional results, auditors should be required to write separate opinions based on each. Read more.
- To strengthen your savings muscle, practice ongoing daily savings routines rather than aiming for specific, Herculean goals like a wedding or college. Read more.
- In 2005 the Securities and Exchange Commission launched a curious experiment: It waived limits on short selling for a pilot group of companies; then it let the market take its course. Read more.
The magazine can be viewed at http://RiceBusinessWisdom.org.
Rice Business is recognized as a top-20 business school. Degree programs include the Rice MBA, Rice MBA for Executives, Rice MBA for Professionals, coordinated MBAs in engineering and professional science and an MD/MBA with Baylor College of Medicine. A Ph.D. in business and a one-year Master of Accounting round out the degrees offered at the business school.
Follow Rice Business via Twitter @Rice_Biz.
Follow Rice News and Media Relations via Twitter @RiceUNews.