With more than 20,000 football fans expected on campus for Friday night’s game against the Baylor University Bears in Rice Stadium, Rice Parking, Rice University Police Department, Houston Police Department and Rice Athletics have collaborated on a modified parking plan for the afternoon of Sept. 16.
Members of the Rice community should note the following:
- All game day parking lots will open at 3 p.m.
- Beginning at 4:30 p.m. the Stockton entrance to campus will be closed to exiting traffic. All traffic must exit via Rice Boulevard or the east side of campus. This change may occur sooner if traffic patterns make it necessary. RUPD will be observing and managing this area.
- Primary campus parking lots for the game will be the West Lots, Greenbriar and the BRC Garage.
- Rice employees with a valid parking card can park for free. All other employees can pay $10 at open parking lots (cash only).
- Once parking lots on campus are full, fans will be directed via signs to the Texas Medical Center Smith Lands Lot, approximately two miles from campus. Parking will be $10 (cash only), and free shuttle service to and from campus will be provided.
- University Boulevard between Main Street and Greenbriar Boulevard will become a three-lane road between 3 p.m. and 12 a.m. to allow for increased traffic flow. The center lane will be for shuttle busses only.
- Follow @RiceAthletics on Twitter for the most up-to-date game day traffic information.
Questions about traffic control should go to Sgt. Gary Spears at email@example.com or 713-348-6077. Questions about parking should go to Mike Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-348-2021. Questions about the football game should go to Laura Chilton at email@example.com or 713-348-4077.