Eight Rice majors are in the top 20 in College Factual’s 2015 rankings of U.S. undergraduate degree programs.
College Factual is an online resource designed to assist prospective college students, parents, guidance counselors and others involved in the college selection process. It uses outcomes-based data to guide students through the college selection process. The rankings system is based on a series of algorithms that include information from the Department of Education, nationally mandated data reporting for institutions and PayScale. USA Today often cites rankings from College Factual.
- Biochemistry, Biophysics and Molecular Biology – biochemistry – ranked No. 7.
- Ecology, Evolution and Systematics Biology – ecology and evolutionary biology – ranked No. 8.
- Economics – economics, general – ranked No. 14.
- Applied Mathematics – applied mathematics, general – ranked No. 15.
- Architecture, General – architecture – ranked No. 15.
- Computer Information Systems – computer and information sciences, general – ranked No. 19.
- Public Policy – public policy analysis, general – ranked No. 19.
- Health and Physical Education/Fitness – sport and fitness administration/management and kinesiology and exercise science – ranked No. 20.
Rice degree programs that did not make the top 20 can be found out www.collegefactual.com.