Four members of the Faculty Women’s Club were honored April 10 for more than 50 years of service to the organization.
They are, from left: Jeanette Walters, Paula Eisenstein Baker, Harriet Awapara and Mary Lou Margrave.
The club was founded in 1921 and is one of the oldest organizations on campus. The club was created to promote friendship among women of Rice and to encourage a closer relationship among the various academic departments. Many current members have remained active for more than 50 years. Members still meet regularly to hear guest speakers and to enjoy book discussions, play bridge, invest in financial markets and dine out together. (Photo by Jeff Fitlow)